I needed some help with quite a few jobs on KC and Pants kindly offered to come down and give me a hand. Pants arrived at 7.45pm on Thursday and we got straight on and started on the wiring that evening.
Below are some of the photos taken during the weekend.
Jobs done -
- Wiring loom removed for modification
- Brake lines formed, shaped, flared and p-clipped.
- Front scuttle removed from main tub
- Front scuttle drilled and rivetted.
- Ally strip added to front scuttle for strength
- Dash cut and drilled for Savage switches.
- RS Alloys prepped and painted.(Ford Graphite Metallic Grey)
- Roll bar ground down, primed and painted (Ford Graphite Metallic Grey)
- Dash support moved and extended.
- Side pod modified to clear exhaust
- Steering column ugly support “modified”
- Pin created for steering column
- Steering boss slug welded onto column and pin.
- Column rewelded and strengthened.
- Westfield seat base modified.
- Westfield seat (Driver) fitted.
- Rear tub drilled for rear lights.
- Brackets made for rear lights.
- Fuel pump relocated to rear.
- Shocks and springs removed (and refitted!)
- Ally brackets fabricated for scuttle/main tub.
- Ally brackets fabricated for tub rear.
- Brackets rivnutted on to boot floor.
- Brackets bonded (Tiger seal) to underneath of rear tub.
- Boot floor rivnutted onto chassis (M5 rivnuts)
- Bonnet grille cut out.
- Headlight holes cut in bonnet.
- Bonnet fitted.
- Hinges screwed onto bonnet.
- Headlights fitted into bonnet.
- Savage switches fitted into dash.
I know I’ve left out some of the jobs Pants and I did, but the list is a start!
I’m so grateful for Pants’s time and skills that have allowed this massive list to be completed in less than four days.
And the pictures….